Copy of Virtual Clinic
Connect with a doctor from home. Covered by OHIP.
We are currently doing maintenance on this page in order to serve you better. Kindly contact your closest pharmacy and they will be happy to help you book an appointment.
With the current challenges that we have all been experiencing due to the COVID-19 pandemic and with the strain on our healthcare system, DrugSmart has teamed up with Ontario physicians to establish a Virtual "Walk-in" Clinic. There is no charge to Ontario residents for the doctor visit – it's completely covered by OHIP.
Please note that this service is not meant to replace your family doctor or the emergency room. If this is an emergency, please call 911 or go to your nearest emergency department.
How it works
- Book online. Select a preferred day and time to receive a callback from one of our physicians. Our on-call doctors are available from 9:00am to 9:00pm EST every day of the week.
- Speak to a doctor. A physician will call you within 30 minutes of your requested time.
- Get your medication. Any medication prescribed during your appointment will be faxed directly to the DrugSmart of your choice. Your prescription will be delivered or prepared for pick up to ensure you get your medication where and when you need it.
What medical conditions can be treated virtually?
Approximately 80% of walk-in clinic concerns can be treated virtually. A referral will be made for any concerns requiring a specialist. Here are some of the concerns we can treat via secure video or phone chat:
Referrals to COVID-19 Assessment Centres will be made when deemed appropriate. If you think you have coronavirus symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has it, start with the Ontario self-assessment tool to help determine how to seek further care.
Frequently asked questions
- How much does this service cost? There is no charge to Ontario residents for this service. This is an OHIP insured service paid for by the Ministry of Health.
- How is the virtual assessment conducted? Most assessments will be done over the phone. For situations that require video, the doctor will provide you with a direct link to a secure platform.
- What conditions can be treated? Please reference the above section: "What medical conditions can be treated virtually?" A reminder that this service is not meant to replace your family doctor or the ER. If this is an emergency, please call 911 or go to your nearest emergency department.
- Can my prescriptions be delivered? Yes, all DrugSmart locations offer Canada-wide free delivery of prescription medication and over-the-counter pharmacy essentials. When the doctor faxes your prescription, your DrugSmart pharmacist will connect with you to confirm your details and preferences.
This is a DrugSmart-certified service.
This service and its associated providers meet the standards set out in the DrugSmart Pharmacy Commitment to Care. All decisions and processes are guided by these five core principles:
- Transparent. Be open, be kind, be honest.
- Bright. Be positive, be creative, be innovative.
- Driven. Never be satisfied. Always strive to be better.
- Service above all else. Be a champion for your customers, your patients, and your colleagues.
- Pride. Be proud to #BeDrugSmart.
Should you ever have an experience with a DrugSmart team member or service that doesn't meet the above Commitment to Care standards, please let us know.
Call us toll-free
Send us an email