COVID-19 PCR testing for travellers and corporate clients is now available at participating DrugSmart locations. We are an authorized provider of Ichor Blood Services who is an approved test provider by Air Canada.
DrugSmart is offering COVID-19 serology IgM/IgG antibody and COVID-19 saliva-based PCR tests at our Vaughan location. Results are provided within a targeted 48-hour result turnaround. Please note, we cannot guarantee result turnaround time due to shipping factors outside of our control. Results will be directly emailed via encrypted message as soon as they are posted, and they can be printed for your trip.
Please note that the COVID-19 testing requirements for travellers are rapidly changing, and this service will evolve as required. This page was last updated on: March 26, 2021.
How it works
- Book your test online. Choose your city, your test type, a date and time, and secure your payment. Once your appointment is booked, move on to Step 2.
- Complete the intake form for the lab. Please complete it with accuracy to avoid delays. Note that this form works best on Google Chrome or Firefox browsers.
- Go to the pharmacy at the time of your appointment and complete your test. Your specimen will be shipped to the lab on the day of collection for processing.
- Get your results. Results will be securely emailed as soon as they are available.
Please note every effort will be made for a 48-hour turnaround time; however, we cannot guarantee this timeframe due to limitations outside of our control. If our sample shipment experiences delays due to weather or unforeseen issues at customs, we may be able to refund your booking fees, but cannot be held responsible for any additional travel costs that may be incurred to rescheduled or cancelled flights. Attempting to travel during COVID-19 is a risk and we sincerely promise to do the best we can to get you to your destination.
Related travel services
We've partnered with Travel Health Now, Canada's leading virtual travel health provider, to bring our customers valuable health and safety travel services and products.
- Travel insurance. Whether you’re travelling within Canada or abroad, enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing you’re fully covered if a medical emergency arises. Cancellation and COVID-19 coverage options are available. Learn more
- COVID-19 Travel Certificates. Some airlines and countries require international travellers to carry an official COVID-19 Travel Certificate signed by a medical professional. We digitally issue COVID-19 Travel Certificates via our secure platform. Learn more
- Travel vaccines. Connect with one of our ISTM-certified practitioners from anywhere on any device and get your personalized advice, trip report, medication, and products for your trip. Get vaccinated at one of our centres or your local pharmacy. Get started
- Shop travel products. We've curated a wide selection of travel products to keep you safe on your trip. Shop categories such as water safety & filtration, personal protective equipment, anti-nausea, first aid, insect & sun protection, and more. Shop now
Frequently asked questions
- How much does this service cost? The asymptomatic saliva-based PCR test costs $199 plus tax, and the COVID-19 serology antibody test costs $149 plus tax.
- How do I get my COVID-19 test results? You will be sent an encrypted email with instructions on how to access your results. Results will be ready within 24 to 48 hours.
- How do I know what the requirements are for my destination, e.g. what type of COVID-19 test I need? Check with your airline, your destination's official government website or embassy, and the Government of Canada website to ensure you follow the necessary COVID-related travel regulations.
- How and when do I pay? You will be required to add a credit card at the time of booking your appointment, and your card will be charged at the time of your appointment.
- Why is there a fee associated with COVID-19 testing for outbound travel? As of December 11, 2020, you can no longer get a free test for outbound international travel. This step was taken to ensure taxpayer dollars are appropriately allocated to key priorities and to preserve capacity within the provincially funded COVID-19 testing network. The province continues to provide testing to anyone who needs a test per provincial testing guidelines at no cost. Learn more here.
- What is your refund policy? Although results are targeted within 24 to 48 hours, in the event of a delay, only results provided outside of 72 hours will be refunded.
What is your cancellation policy? Appointments cannot be cancelled within 24 hours of an upcoming appointment. In the event of a no show, you will be billed the full amount of the test. Any cancellations or rescheduling outside of the 24-hour time period will incur no penalty.
This is a DrugSmart-certified service.
This service and its associated providers meet the standards set out in the DrugSmart Pharmacy Commitment to Care. All decisions and processes are guided by these five core principles:
- Transparent. Be open, be kind, be honest.
- Bright. Be positive, be creative, be innovative.
- Driven. Never be satisfied. Always strive to be better.
- Service above all else. Be a champion for your customers, your patients, and your colleagues.
- Pride. Be proud to #BeDrugSmart.
Should you ever have an experience with a DrugSmart team member or service that doesn't meet the above Commitment to Care standards, please let us know.
Call us toll-free
Send us an email
Chat with us live
Mon. to Fri. 9am to 5pm